6 March 2017

feuilletine chocolate biscuit brittle | a recipe


feuilletine chocolate biscuit brittle recipe


The problem with not feeling like I'm doing much of value at work at the moment is that I get home and feel like I've wasted a whole day and that there wasn't much point in me being in the office. I get that horrible feeling that I have to do something, anything, to make me feel like I was at some point productive during the day. And sometimes, the only thing I can think of doing is baking. Sometimes it's cleaning, sometimes it's organising a drawer and sometimes it's baking. I lead the most thrilling of lives. 

I arrived home the other day after sitting in my office for even longer than usual waiting for my boss to turn up for a meeting. When 7 pm ticked passed and I realised he probably wasn't going to come, I made a run for it. So now it's late, I'm in a bad mood and my brain feels like it's turned to mush. I needed to do something and it needed to be really quite easy and quick if I wanted to get into bed at a vaguely normal time. I still had to fit in the second half of Silent Witness too. Obvs.



So this was the easiest recipe I could think of making -  feuilletine chocolate biscuit brittle. I used cups instead of scales too, which is obviously slightly easier because you don't have to measure anything out, but at the same time, I'm pretty glad cups aren't a standard thing in the UK because it just felt so wrong. Weird? Yep, I know. It really is a case of just throwing things in a bowl, whisking for a bit, mixing for a bit and then baking for a bit. You end up with something pretty awesome, and biscuit brittle is perfect with a cuppa too. 

Btw, I used feuilletine because I had some left over from a Sous Chef order - but you can also buy feuilletine chocolate from Waitrose. Or, just don't use it at all!

Give it a go, mix them up with anything and then let me know how you got on. 

Annie x

feuilletine chocolate biscuit brittle recipe

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups plain flour
  • 1 cup butter
  • 1 cup caster sugar
  • 1 cup broken up chocolate
  • 1/2 cup feuilletine flakes 
  • 2 tsp vanilla essence 
  • 1tsp salt
  • Almond milk


Method:
  • Preheat oven to 170C°
  • Grease a 9 X 13 baking tin 
  • Using a mixer, cream together the butter, sugar, vanilla and salt until light and creamy
  • Add in the chocolate and feuilletine flakes and stir in with a wooden spoon
  • Stir in the flour with a wooden spoon 
  • At some point, this will become a little difficult so bring it together with your hands
  • If it's too floury, add drops milk until it becomes combined and like a dough (I used almond milk, but that doesn't mean you have to)
  • Taking chunks of the dough at a time, push it into the baking pan
  • Flatten with the palms of your hands, making sure its all together
  • Bake for 25 minutes 
  • Cool for 10 minutes and cut into desired shapes


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig